Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Most Wonderful Time of the year...

It's the most wonderful time of the year...fall. The lazy days of summer are over and all of my white pants and sports jackets have been put away in storage. Dont get me wrong, I do enjoy summer, but I love what I do. I tend to slow down in the summer and relax with the family while trying to soak up every ray of sunshine.  It is one of the preoccupations of living in an area  where the possibility of 12 inches of snow in three months time could become a reality.  Summer is a time to get up an hour later to enjoy coffee outside and go to sleep a little later after enjoying that summer cocktail. I believe in eating and drinking seasonally. Right now it's tomatos all around. Tomatoes and mozzarella, tomatoes in salsa and tomatoes pureed for gazpacho! There are so many tomatoes!!! I don't dare wear white! As for the summer cocktail, summer is not long enough to enjoy a pitcher of all kinds of beverages! Sometimes I just drink so I can keep my mint plants at bay. Mojitos and mint juleps are always a keep cool gratification. Once I have kicked the bottle of rum and the bottle of bourbon, or two, trying to stay cool to no avail, there is GIN! Gin & Tonics, Salty Dogs and Gimlets are just a few of my favorites. It starts to sound like a Dr. Seuss story.


One Gin
    Two Gin
       Green Gin
           Blue Gin
Some are old and some are new
                      Some are bad
But all make me glad
    And some make me very glad
Why are they
        a fad, bad or had?
I do not know for I do not own a kite 

     and I no longer can wear white

No comments:

Post a Comment